Assistant General Manager
posted November 9, 2023
Assistant General Manager at a Award Winning Hotel!
- Assist the General Manager in directing and overseeing all operational activities and departments in the hotel to maximize revenue, guest satisfaction and team member engagement.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and brand goals
- Ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing leading and managing Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Administrative and all Food & Beverage operations (Bar/Breakfast)
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with company core values
- Be actively aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards while working towards increasing and maintaining high departmental and overall guest satisfaction
- Anticipate guest needs and resolve customer concerns by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Supervise teams performance, and adherence to brand and company policies and procedures
- Create, and implement specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy any service delivery deficiencies.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Communicate, updates, and train all department staff in the safety/security/emergency procedures of the hotel.
- Proactively participate in educational and training opportunities.
- Serve as acting General Manager in the General Manager’s absence and MOD program.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years as an AGM of a hotel or similar managerial leadership role in a limited service hotel (Hilton brands preferred)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- An ability to deliver constructive criticism.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify growth opportunities and provide coaching where necessary.
- Full Time: Weekends and Holidays are required
- Paid weekly with direct deposit available
- Uniforms provided at no cost
- Annual paid vacation after the first year
- Travel Perks: Stay at Hilton properties for as low as $40 per night
- Affordable health, dental, vision and life insurances available
- Room for growth!
EOE/ Drug Free Workplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville Biltmore Area
114 Room Hotel
Near downtown, surrounded by nature
We're near I-40, off I-26 across from Asheville Outlets Mall. Bob Lewis Ballpark is 3 miles away. The Biltmore, Blue Ridge Parkway, and Downtown Asheville are 7 miles away. Asheville Regional Airport is a 10-minute drive. Enjoy a local craft beer or glass of wine at the lobby bar, or relax by the outdoor fire pit. Hot breakfast and WiFi are on us.