Hotel Chief Engineer
Posted May 2, 2022
Chief Engineer is the hotel technical and maintenance manager who ensures the safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members, and ensures the hotel; the equipment; fixtures and furniture are always in good repair.
The Chief Engineer is a multitasker and a planner, tasked with performing repairs and maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality and safety standards are achieved and maintained in line with company and brand standards.
What you will be doing
As Chief Maintenance/Engineer, you are responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation. You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, a Chief Engineer will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures. Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs, and fixtures.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis and complete work orders as necessary; keep accurate records of PM's on all rooms and equipment.
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" of entire hotel grounds
- Refurbish, paint and finish furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Test, examine, and maintain hotel's life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records and coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices as required per Hiltons Light Stay global initiative
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Previous experience as an Chief or Assistant Engineer, in a hospitality or related industry
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
- Proven track record working with information technology systems.
- Experience with fire and life safety systems.
- Working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills written and verbal. Will be interfacing with guests to provide efficient and effective results as related repairs and maintenance.
- Maintains a close working relationship with employees and department heads from all areas of hotel operations.
- The position requires flexibility in scheduling to ensure adequate coverage and the smooth operation of the engineering department.
- This position requires the ability to communicate and make sound judgment calls when evaluating problems and situations in order to expedite the resolution
- Working knowledge of - Air Conditioning and Heating systems
Who you will be working with
This position is a management position and is part of hotel's leadership /management team; it has one direct report- Assistant Engineer
What will it be like to work for The Asheville Hotel Group?
Our team members exhibit a strong foundation of hospitality, a genuine care for other and our community. We prioritize the safety of our team members and guests at all times. We pledge to take all precautions to keep all our associates safe and healthy.
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Travel Program with discounts available at Hilton Family properties
- Free Uniforms
- Weekly Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Accident/Critical Illness/Voluntary Life products available
HGI South Asheville
111 Room Hotel
Stay near Asheville Outlets and Biltmore Estate
We’re off I-26, five minutes from restaurants and shopping at Asheville Outlets. Blue Ridge Parkway and Asheville are within 15 minutes. Biltmore Estate, the largest home in America, is six miles away, and Asheville Regional Airport is 20 minutes from our door. Enjoy our restaurant, bar, and free shuttle service around the local area.