9 Rocky Ridge Road
Asheville, NC 28806
Telephone (828) 633-6024
Hilton Garden Inn Asheville South
Operations Manager /Assistant General Manager
Posted June 3, 2021
Your ticket to be a Hotel GM is here!
Operations Manager / Assistant General Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, service driven, experienced Operations Manager / Assistant General Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit, to join our team and assist the General Manager in conducting, managing and directing daily business operations. The Operations Manager / Assistant General Manager (AGM) should be experienced in a leadership role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives to all team members. The AGM must be able to competently and confidently perform duties in the absence of the General Manager.
To be a successful Operations Manager / Assistant General Manager, you should proactively participate in educational and training opportunities. Must be able to motivate and positively influence the associates, ensuring high team member engagement and high morale. A top candidate for this position must have proved strong leadership and organizational skills.
What you will be doing
- Ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Administrative and all F&B operations (Bar/ Restaurant).
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with company core values.
- Be actively aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing and maintaining high departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guest needs and resolve and customer concerns by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Nurturing a positive working relationships with the associates.
- Managing and effectively delegating daily tasks.
- Supervising teams performance, adherence to brand and company policies and procedures
- Ensure continues team growth and performance improvement
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy any service delivery deficiencies.
- Being a professional example to all team members
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management
The ideal candidate for this position
- Minimum 1 years in as an OPS manger or AGM of a hotel with F&B outlet or similar managerial leadership role in a full service hotel.(Hilton brands preferred)
- Degree in business administration or similar.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- An ability to deliver constructive criticism.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify growth opportunities and provide coaching where necessary.
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision and additional supplemental and critical illness coverage
- Vacation pay
- Performance based bonus & sign on bonus
- Career growth opportunity
EOE/ Drug Free Workplace
Hilton Garden Inn Asheville South
111 Room Hotel
Stay near Asheville Outlets and Biltmore Estate
We’re off I-26, five minutes from restaurants and shopping at Asheville Outlets. Blue Ridge Parkway and Asheville are within 15 minutes. Biltmore Estate, the largest home in America, is six miles away, and Asheville Regional Airport is 20 minutes from our door. Enjoy our restaurant, bar, and free shuttle service around the local area.