Assistant General Manager
Posted June 2, 2021
Join our award winning team!
Are you ready to Lead, Support, Coach, Motivate and Problem Solve? Be an Assistant General Manager!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, service driven, experienced (Hilton Preferred) Assistant General Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit, to join our team and assist the General Manager in conducting, managing and directing daily business operations. The Assistant General Manager (AGM) should be experienced in a leadership role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives to all team members. The AGM must be able to competently and confidently perform duties in the absence of the General Manager.
To be a successful Assistant General Manager, you should proactively participate in educational and training opportunities. The AGM must be able to motivate and positively influence the associates, ensuring high team member engagement and high morale. A top candidate for this position must have proved strong leadership and organizational skills.
What you will be doing
- Ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Administrative and all F&B operations (Bar/ Breakfast).
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with company core values.
- Be actively aware of guest satisfaction scores and brand standards and work toward increasing and maintaining high departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Anticipate guest needs and resolve customer concerns by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow and associate performance.
- Nurture positive working relationships with the associates.
- Manage and effectively delegate daily tasks.
- Supervise teams performance, adherence to brand and company policies and procedures
- Ensure continuous team growth and performance improvement
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy any service delivery deficiencies.
- Be a professional example to all team members
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management
The ideal candidate for this position
- Minimum 2 years in as an AGM of a hotel or similar managerial leadership role in a limited service hotel. (Hilton brands preferred)
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- An ability to deliver constructive criticism.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify growth opportunities and provide coaching where necessary.
- Weekly Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision and additional supplemental and critical illness coverage
- Vacation pay
- Performance based bonus
- Career growth opportunity
- Employee rate at Hilton hotels
Hampton Inn and Suites – Biltmore Area
114 Room Hotel
style and comfort in a glorious setting.
Check-in at the all new Hampton Inn and Suites Asheville Biltmore Area, situated just five miles southwest of downtown Asheville, near the I-26 and I-40 exchange. Our hotel is directly across from the Asheville Outlets and close to the Biltmore and Blue Ridge Parkway. We are conveniently located to most major Asheville Corporations and only a 10-minute drive from Asheville Regional Airport. Take advantage of our free local area and airport shuttle service. Our Hampton Inn and Suites Asheville is the perfect home base to explore this beautiful mountain city.
Our spacious guest rooms and studio suites are fresh and modern spaces with a mini-fridge, 43-inch HDTV, coffeemaker, and a work desk with ergonomic chair. Feel rested after a great night’s sleep on the clean and fresh Hampton bed®, stay connected with free WiFi and plenty of device-charging spots.
Start each day with a free hot breakfast. Our Suite Shop is always open for snacks and drinks. Relax and unwind at our lobby craft beer and wine bar. Get in a workout in our fitness center, go for a swim in the indoor heated pool, or relax by our outdoor fire pit. We also have a business center and meeting space available.